Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to play an integral role in accounts payable, assist with month-end closing processes, ensure accurate & timely processing of vendor invoices & appropriate follow-ups with vendors & internal departments as needed. The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail, be highly analytical, & organized. They will possess the ability to balance high workload & understand the importance of controls. Additionally, this person will be an energetic, hands-on individual who can embrace organizational change & work collaboratively with others. This position reports to the Manager, Accounts Payable.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responsible for the day-to-day invoice processing of our accounts payable function for both domestic & international entities.
- Monitor email inboxes for invoices & validate invoices scanned via InvoiceSmash.
- Ensure invoices submitted by vendors meet our invoice requirements.
- Review vendor invoices & ensure the proper classification to the appropriate general ledger accounts & department codes, as well as completing the invoice match portion of our 3-way match process.
- Assist in the weekly payment runs, ensuring all payments are logged & finalized in the banking & accounting systems.
- Assist in ad hoc projects, audit requests & analysis, as needed.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience in Accounts Payable is required.
- Detail-oriented & organized, high level of accuracy & attention, strong work ethic & ownership of tasks.
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, InvoiceSmash & Bank of America CashPro highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills & working knowledge of MS Office.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!