Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director, Transportation as a key leader on our Global Logistics & Fulfillment team.
In this role, youll bring thought leadership, experience, & creativity to how we move our products around the world. You will create & execute strategies that improve the flow of Aways products inbound from manufacture to our global warehouse network, parcel to our customers & last mile to our retail stores. Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in international & domestic transportation network creation & management. You will report to the Vice President, Global Logistics & Fulfillment based in our New York City office with a hybrid remote-work model.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Thought leader & mentor for the transportation team, driving growth, development & contributes to the departments long-term success
- Create & continuously iterate on transportation strategies to improve the flow of product to Aways Distribution Centers, customers & retail stores
- Implement transportation strategies in collaboration with supply chain partners, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency
- Find the right balance between supplying our rapid sales growth & protecting the bottom line
- Strategic Partner evaluation, procurement & management of Aways transportation partners that scale with business growth
- Negotiate rates & evaluate providers to ensure cost-effective decisions are being made pertaining to the transportation of Aways product
- Create, monitor & maintain KPI reporting to monitor cost & service levels & identify areas of continuous improvement
- Work with key internal & external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, & sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers.
Who you are:
- 10 years professional experience in logistics, supply chain or transportation roles
- An exceptional written/oral communicator with demonstrated experience in partner management & cost management
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Critical thinking & analytical skills
- Experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics & TMS tools is a plus, but not required
- Proven leadership & people management skills & a passion for developing talent
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire.