Peloton is looking for a Finance Transformation Manager, Supply Chain with an accounting background, in-depth SAP functional knowledge, & an aptitude for supply chain process & systems to join our Finance Transformation Team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design & build technology-driven solutions that enable strategic initiatives & operational improvements, including the implementation of SAP S/4HANA ERP. In this role, you will work closely with our Supply Chain, Connected Fitness Accounting & IT teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your accounting expertise & a process-centric mindset to key strategic initiatives centered around technology investments in the Peloton global supply chain. You will help to design & deploy large scale changes to systems & processes in all aspects of the Peloton global supply chain, including manufacturing, procurement, purchasing, inventory management, transportation & reverse logistics, with specific focus on the integration into key financial processes.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting & Finance stakeholders & subject matter experts to understand business requirements & develop a deep understanding of Pelotons financial processes, specifically around cost accounting, inventory management & manufacturing. You will represent finance as part of a cross-functional project team, working closely with our IT & Supply Chain development teams & external partners to implement best-in-class solutions that will create efficiencies to the accounting close process, improve data integrity & support Pelotons evolving business at scale. We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, & has a proven ability to create & maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams & their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a unique mix of financial accounting knowledge (including inventory & cost accounting principles) & technical systems expertise centered around SAP ERP & related supply chain applications.
- Serve as the Finance subject matter expert (SME) on Supply Chain related strategic initiatives & system implementations, representing accounting requirements & considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment.
- Play a leading role in Pelotons implementation of SAP S/4HANA & other related supply chain system implementations, with a specific focus on integration points between supply chain & financial processes
- Collaborate & partner closely with internal stakeholders on the Connected Fitness Inventory accounting team & FP&A teams to ensure the design & functionality of the SAP S/4 Hana solution (including integrated supply chain systems) is driving value & efficiency for the organization.
- Review Functional Specification & design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Take an active role in testing for all in-flight projects & releases, build test scenarios, scripts & support end users with all testing phases; help to facilitate UAT with finance end users.
- Support data cleansing & conversion activities for financial data, including inventory & product costing.
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows & SOPs, & support training delivery to relevant Accounting & Finance team members
- Problem solve & provide hands-on support during post-go live hypercare & support phases
- Continuously look to make improvements to systems & processes post go-live; prioritize & spearhead enhancement projects & support strategic initiatives key to Pelotons overall strategy.
- Provide perspective from your industry experience on how Peloton should operate - what processes should we further standardize or differentiate to build a best in class supply chain & finance operating model
- Research leading practices & determine required steps to implement best in class functionalities, provide oversight across platforms & functional areas to ensure that end-to-end processes & data flow seamlessly.
- Drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical & operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood & mitigations are put in place when required
- Research & prepare recommendations - including presentations, data analysis & supporting metrics, process maps, business requirement documents & change impact analyses
- Define & drive documentation of current & target state business processes & related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact
- Take a Big Picture view - ensure creation of new systems & processes integrates effectively into the existing landscape & does not disrupt business continuity
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, SME, Process Designer, & Systems Architect as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Develop strong working relationships with the Supply Chain, Finance, IT, & Member Experiences teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Bachelors or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 7+ years experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience & 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives.
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a strong plus (not required).
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle SAP ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements & support.
- Direct experience working with best in class supply chain systems - big ERP, transportation management systems, quality management systems, manufacturing systems, warehouse management systems
- Significant experience with Accounting, Financial Reporting & General Ledger systems.
- Strong understanding operational accounting concepts, including intercompany transactions in a multi-entity environment & accounting considerations related to manufacturing, inventory management, & procurement processes.
- Solid working knowledge of supply chain management (BOM, work centers, routings) as they link with product costing & accounting impacts
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead within a large-scale program.
- Strong quantitative, analytical & critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis & metrics to drive decision making & continuous improvement
- Clear communicator with keen ability to present findings in succinct presentations & to express complex technical & accounting concepts in a clear & concise manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance & deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail & adaptability to take on new projects & challenges.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.