At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & organized Community Associate to join our team full-time. In this role, you will be supporting our Fleet Organization, working to ensure that our ever growing number of vehicles is operated in the most efficient manner possible. If you enjoy working with both people & cars, are a self-starter, have a great sense of humor, & if the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in Los Angeles sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Learn all aspects of Fleet Operations
- Upknitting & preparing cars for rental
- Vehicle movement to & from partner vendor locations
- Become certified to conduct CBAR Vehicle Inspections
- Perform & handle Flexdrive rental contracts for drivers
- Assist in guiding drivers through the rental onboarding process
- Deliver effective communication with regional stakeholders
- Prepare new drivers for what to expect & how to be successful on the road
- Work with current drivers to problem solve & assist with resolving any issues they may have
- Uphold the Lyft standard of service while working with all drivers
- Maintain & adhere to the State of California & Lyft safety protocols related to COVID-19
- Complete ad hoc tasks, as assigned by your manager, as needed
- High energy with an outgoing, social personalityyou love talking to people!
- Must have a strong work ethic & a bias for taking action
- Strong ability to prioritize & organize daily work activities with minimal supervision
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time during the workday (although Lyft will make accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities)
- Excellent verbal & written communication proficiency with common technology tools like Slack, Zendesk, Google Sheets, Google Docs etc preferred
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- Familiarity with the greater Los Angeles area
- Experience working with consumer vehicle rentals or fleet operations is a nice to have, but not required
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds on an as needed basis, not frequently
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.