When Brooklinen was founded five years ago, our co-founders set out to deliver beautiful & ridiculously comfortable home essentials that dont cost an arm & a leg. We have over 500,000 happy customers across the globe (with 40,000 5-star reviews!) & are looking to bring our mission - We want you to be comfortable - to even more people.
As our Manager, Public Relations, youll continue to grow our presence in national & regional media outlets, strengthen existing & kindle new relationships with media - all in an effort to help us make the world a more comfortable place.
Youre the perfect person for this role if youre passionate around boosting brand awareness & sharing our story through media for consumers, are excellent at developing andmaintaining relationships, & are curious to explore any & all ways to grow our brand.
What youll do
- Maintain existing relationships (and develop new relationships)with media outlets/reporters on behalf of the brand; youll devote 80% of your time to outreach
- Execute Brooklinens media relations strategy; seeking high-level placements in digital, print, & broadcast outlets on our brand, founders & products
- Create & support a regular cadence of Brooklinen press across all markets
- Write clear & concise press releases, media alerts & pitches & manage our assets library for media
- Prepare briefing docs & write talking points to prep C-level execs for various speaking engagements & media opportunities
- Respond to all inbound media requests
- Collaborate with our wider team in leveraging influencer, social, paid & creative strategies to maximize with PR support
- Help conceptualize & seamlessly execute conversation-starting PR / influencer mailers for key product launches, holding internal & external parties to timelines
- Assist with planning & execution of events, press days, launch parties, & other activations
- Organize & maintain our annual calendars of events, targets, & activities
What were looking for
- 4-5 years of experience in public relations with a proven history of securing compelling & tone-setting coverage
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong acumen for PR & a high level of professionalism
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to be proactive, hardworking, & hungry to grow our brand
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, & a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.