Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
Reporting to the CMO, the VP of Revenue Marketing will be accountable for creating & executing a scalable marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle to achieve aggressive self-serve revenue & sales pipeline targets. The successful candidate is an experienced marketing leader with a proven track record of building high performance teams to deliver sustainable results.They thrive in a fast-paced environment & have a reputation for creating alignment with sales, delivering value for internal & external partner, & inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration & shared success. DemandGen, Growth Marketing & Marketing Technology Operations report into this leader.
We want people who are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
The ideal candidate has a passion for forecasting & delivering predictable & scalable self-service revenue & sales pipeline throughout the entire buyer's journey. They are accountable for KPIs & quotas that align directly to corporate revenue goals. They have proven success collaborating with cross-functional marketing teams as well as working with related product, sales & finance teams to envision, pilot, execute, & measure closed-loop integrated marketing programs that create a sense of urgency for the buyer & deliver significant revenue growth for the company. This VP of Revenue Marketing can be remote-based anywhere in the USA.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Lead DemandGen, Growth Marketing, & Marketing Technology Operations teams, while collaborating closely with website, field & event marketing, content teams
- Forecasting & managing marketing budget, selecting & managing vendors, prioritizing & running multiple initiatives simultaneously & partnering with cross-functional teams & stakeholders to deliver full-funnel campaigns, nurtures & programs that deliver measurable results
- Accountable for defining & execute an omni-channel marketing plan, marketing technology stack, marketing analytics & segmentation, modeling, managing marketing budget, goals & KPIs to achieve new customer growth targets
- Highly creative & a strong communicator who is adept at leading creation of marketing programs to reach & appeal to specific personas & audience segments
- Partner with sales, product & FP&A executives to define, evolve & communicate marketing plans & performance to goal as market dynamics evolve to ensure alignment of goals, objectives & strategies with direct & indirect revenue plans
- Drive teams to innovate, pilot, challenge, measure & track performance of marketing activities, programs & mix to effectively achieve key pipeline metrics
- Regularly monitor, analyze, report & present on campaign & KPI performance, regional success, deliverables & programs among teams & to the executive team
What Well Expect From You:
- Significant growth marketing leadership experience in SaaS, applications or software marketing. HR, Finance or other Line of Business marketing is a plus
- BA/BS degree, MA, MS or MBA preferred
- Experience with marketing automation (Marketo) & sales automation/CRM (Salesforce.com) reporting & campaign features & marketing intelligence tools along with understanding of how to implement & measure Demand Generation & Website performance
- Creative thinker with outstanding interpersonal & communication skills
- Prior success leading teams through market expansion & periods of high growth & rapid change
- Experience in a successful startup or emerging growth technology company that markets to developers is an asset
- Organized with strong time management, & project management skills
- Agile self-starter, with a growth mindset
- Leads by influence, empowers teams & develops employees & creates an environment where team members are encouraged to take risks & innovate to improve programs, processes, personal skills & customer experience
- Results focused with strong prioritization skills & win as a team mentality
- Customer focused, collaborative, self-aware, servant leader who contributes to & thrives in a culture of trust, transparency, initiative, respect, enthusiasm, fun, accountability & the ownership principle that the companys success is my success
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!