Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an FP&A Associate to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team & work directly with one of our FP&A Managers & VP of Finance & Accounting. You will own pieces of our financial planning & analysis work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand & value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
You will report into the FP&A Senior Manager.
- Lead efforts to interface with each department to provide expense trends & analyze key drivers of costs.
- Drive requirements & implementation for financial planning & business intelligence systems as needed (Essbase, Workforce Planning, Periscope, etc.).
- Prepare monthly budget versus actual fluctuation analyses for both management & board.
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly & quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, & special projects.
- Create & maintain reports to measure & track results against expectations.
- Support key decisions through ad-hoc analyses (e.g. departmental P&Ls, magnitude & timing of infrastructure investment).
- 2-4 years of finance experience. Preference for FMP, FP&A or Accounting experience.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Well-organized, data-driven, & comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Excel & powerpoint
- Bachelors degree.
- Youre very self-motivated & no job is too big. We arent looking for someone with FP&A background, or even insurance background - you just have to be an extremely fast learner, have hustle & work hard.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves & build complex models in Excel & implementation of planning applications
- Entrepreneurial mindset & ability to innovate improvements to current processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.