Genius is hiring a Technical Account Manager to further enhance our successful & growing programmatic advertising business. Our ideal candidate is an independent strategic thinker who understands the pre & post technical side of programmatic buying, but also enjoys being client facing.
This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Lin-Manuel Mirandacome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Develop, implement & manage all facets of the programmatic execution process from start to finish - this includes PMP & PG setup, trafficking, troubleshooting, analysis, pacing, reporting & billing
- Provide best in class customer service & end-to-end support to our programmatic partners by defining root causes for customer successes & failures
- Form strong client relationships with proactive, thoughtful, & poised communication & convey feedback internally
- Act as consultant to the Sales Team by assisting them in identifying new brands & agencies for programmatic deals
- Proactively up-sell additional strategies & ideas
- Identify customer key performance metrics, goals & optimization tactics to achieve success
- Manage inventory & floor configurations across ad exchanges
- Partner with Ad Ops & SSPs to troubleshoot technical issues with external partners i.e. DSPs
- 3-5 years of programmatic technical account management experience with a Publisher or DSP
- Understanding of online ad serving concepts (CPM/CPA/RTB/ROI), video, mobile, RTB, programmatic buying
- Familiarity with programmatic & DSP platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot with DSPs & trading desks & drive resolution from ad calls & responses
- Knowledge of key industry partners for fraud & viewability
- Strong technical written & verbal skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients, internal teams & non-technical partners to understand
- Motivated self-starter, with solid customer service experience & a consultative mindset
- Ability to work independently within a close-knit team & also instinctively share product insights & document new information
- BA / BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience negotiating with 3rd parties & reading contracts