Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
The Cost Accountant & Operations Analyst will contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis. To be effective, you will need Cost Accountant experience & an eagerness to support all aspects of finance & accounting. The Cost Accountant & Operations Analyst will have contact with senior-level members of the team which requires strong interpersonal skills both written & verbal.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory & reconciling materials, finished goods & WIP to GL
- Review standard & actual costs for inaccuracies & lead the initiative to correct them
- Partner closely with supply chain & operations to establish & maintain OH burden rates & perform analysis on absorption
- Lead COS analytics with a strong finance focus
- Develop & maintain detailed COS flux, PPV, OH variances (labor, T&E, etc.), etc.
- Identify & measure key metrics that drive company performance
- Perform variance analysis & continuously drive forecast accuracy improvements
- Participate in annual budgeting & long range planning processes
- Provide decision support to company leaders including creating models to predict COGS for new products
- Support accounting team's commitment to timely & accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP & the Company's internal controls
- Assist in compiling supporting documentation for quarterly reviews & annual audits
- Maintain files & documentation thoroughly & accurately in accordance with company policy & accepted accounting practices
- Other ad hoc analysis as needed
- 3+ years experience, preferable in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; CPA or MBA a plus
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing & meeting multiple tight deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Oracle Cloud experience preferred
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Experience serving as a trusted business partner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner
- Ability to effectively work with all levels & cross-functionally within the company including Senior Management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details
You have strong knowledge & experience addressing a broad range of accounting matters, ensuring it is processed in compliance with established internal controls. You possess analytical skills needed to correctly grasp & communicate data, & analyze & reconcile accounts; ability to handle confidential & sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; & handle multiple deadlines.
You are a self-starter, work well as a team player, but can work independently when appropriate. You possess the ability to analyze problems & actively strategize to resolve them, pay attention to detail, & have excellent organization & communication skills. You are results oriented. You can juggle multiple tasks, work cross-functionally & at all levels of the organization, whether internally or externally. You are flexible & comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & can prioritize to focus on the important, not just the urgent.