Via is looking for a Director of Internal Audit who will lead the effort to build our internal audit function from the ground up. You will be responsible for assisting in the development & execution of a risk-based audit plan & evaluating entity-wide processes & internal controls to ensure we continue to operated in a well-managed & controller environment consistent with PCAOB standards. A successful candidate will be a motivated, organized, self starter with strong project management skills & a proven record of success working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the vision for the internal audit function & lead the development of the departments standard operating procedures.
- Perform key risk assessment procedures within financial & other entity-wide functions.
- Conduct process walkthroughs to evaluate design & perform key controls testing to determine effectiveness of internal controls.
- Engage in SOX planning & compliance discussions with management & external auditors & perform quality assurance reviews of testing results.
- Liaise with outside advisors & internal stakeholders, design & implement internal control & risk management processes based on entity-wide & process level risks.
- Identify systems, business & process improvement opportunities & present observations & measurable recommendations to management.
- Prepare the audit reports & discuss internal audit & SOX compliance audit results with management & the Board of Directors.
- Utilize data analytics tools & an audit management application for the internal audit planning, field work & reporting.
- Perform special risk & compliance projects or investigations as needed.
Who You Are:
- At least 10 years of experience with a mix of working at a top tier public accounting firm & an internal audit group in private industry, ideally at a SaaS or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry & PCAOB & COSO/Internal Audit standards.
- Organized & independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility.
- Savvy communicator; you are comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds & intuitively find the right style to use in different situations. You are comfortable interacting with members of senior management.
- Strong executor; people think of you as someone who delivers. You get the job done, while keeping the big picture firmly in mind.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields with a CPA, CIA or CISA certification.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB & COSO / Internal Audit standards
- Experience in designing & implementing new systems or processes
- You dont shy away from a challenge, & are excited to build something from scratch.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.