At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyft is also the country's leader in micromobility. We own and/or operate bikeshare in New York (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), & Minneapolis (Nice Ride) while providing scooter service in those & other major cities across the country. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes & scooters, services tens of millions of rides per year, & is rapidly growing.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyfts products & decision-making. As a member of the Data Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal & external products. Were looking for a passionate, driven Data Scientist Manager to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems & lead some of the best scientists in the industry.
Our business is growing rapidly, & were looking for a data science leader with the ability & experience to help us scale. As a leader on the Operations Technology team, youll help develop the vision & lead execution of the platform for operating our bike & scooter-share systems profitably at scale. Youll be managing data scientists, & also building relationships & partnering with product & operations teams. The ideal candidate can navigate complex technical topics, strategic problem solving, & team development to deliver business impact. If youre driven, collaborative, resourceful, & can communicate complex ideas with ease, then wed like to talk to you.
- Build & lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, design, finance, & operations to achieve business goals
- Prioritize & lead deep dives into our data to uncover new product & business opportunities
- Prioritize & lead development of productized models to automate operational decision-making & drive operational productivity
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, & metrics for the team & broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders & executives to build data-informed business strategy & product roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees are preferred) or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 4+ years management experience building & leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships & communicating with leadership across multiple teams
- Willingness to collaborate & communicate with others to drive cross-team & cross-organization initiatives forward
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.