WHO ARE WE:
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving accountants who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly & producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership & become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills & tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient & effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who manage voluminous tax matters. This candidate has strong time management skills & has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The candidate is a team player, always willing to roll up their sleeves & provide assistant to the finance team.
- Prepare quarterly tax provisions in accordance with GAAP
- Drive US and international sales tax compliance, including managing existing & future sales & use tax registrations, overseeing sales & use tax filings, & performing regular review of use tax compliance
- Manage, investigate & resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic & international
- Manage income filings -- all federal & state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate & reconcile deferred tax assets & liabilities, & ensuring timely filing & payment of all extensions & returns.
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company's financial position, & work with Controller & external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Design & implement controls to ensure the Company's tax liabilities & financial statements are accurate & in compliance with local & state laws as well as GAAP
- Become the go-to tax person, acting as the internal & external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries & analysis
- Lead continuous process improvements & integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, & quality
- Plan & execute global tax strategies in compliance with regulations
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision Process
- Experience with preparing & filing US sales tax returns
- Experience identifying & implementing international sales tax compliance and
- Experience working with NetSuite, a plus
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules & regulations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- CPA required
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research & writing skills
- Strong accounting & analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel & Word
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Detail oriented & ability to multitask
This position is a [full-time/part-time/salaried/exempt] position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.