Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Our ambitions are massive, & we have the resources to achieve them. We just need the talent, & thats where we need you. Codecademy's Talent Team is looking for an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition with a demonstrated history of leadership & team development in high-growth, technology-focused companies. We need to double our company size every year for the next few years, without letting talent quality slip. Its not going to be easy, but if youre the right person for the job, thats what makes it fun.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage, lead, & continue to develop Codecademy's talent team, working with each member to define career goals & trajectory & align ambitions with company needs
- Work with the executive team to define hiring goals & empower the talent team to achieve goals
- Create & instill best practices within your team, as well as broadly within the organization, to ensure that Codecademy's recruiting is highly effective
- Advise on detailed sourcing strategies as well as creative inbound, outbound, & referral-based sourcing techniques. Diversity, inclusion, & talent are all key for us, so were looking for your best thinking on how to drive results & get people on board there.
- Improve our recruiting brand by showing the world the impact Codecademy has on millions of users across the globe
- Help to define & refine the interview process at Codecademy, ensuring that it speaks to & communicates Codecademy's unique culture & drive towards changing the world of education
- In conjunction with other members of the People Operations & Finance team, bring clarity to organizational design, compensation structure, role design needs & hiring timeline
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years of experience leading & growing talent organizations
- 10+ years of full-cycle in-house + agency recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment with an emphasis on senior level technical talent
- A commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Proven success, managing & developing recruiting teams of 20+ to deliver on aggressive hiring goals at scale; you have experience forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data & measuring recruiting performance to improve effectiveness
- A strong problem-solving track record youre able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook & quickly implement a path to a solution, & you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy & in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Strong collaboration & decision-making: proven ability to play "high & low", operating at both a strategic & tactical level with ease & often
- Demonstrated success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage, & hire amazing talent at all levels, from frontline operations to senior leadership
- Experience with recruiting tools & techniques (we use Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, & Gem)
- High EQ, low ego with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills & ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strong presentation skills, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly & effectively to upper management & all levels across departments
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience running executive-level searches
- Experience with utilizing Greenhouse as an ATS
- Startup or SaaS experience
- A pre-existing, strong network of engineers & technical talent in the NYC area
- An interest in learning to code
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.