Location: New York City, London UK
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London & New York, & this position can be based in either office in the US or UK (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
At OpenFin, in person & virtual events play a critical role in generating leads, building brand & community. We are now looking for a Global Event Coordinator to join our busy & fun OpenFin Marketing team, to lead & manage the firms organization & attendance of internal & external events running from conferences, webinars, meetups, & boardroom style lunch & learns (virtual & in-person). Our events range from 50 people all the way up to 2,500. This position will report into the Global Head of Marketing.
- Work with our Chief Revenue Officer, Head of Product Strategy & Head of Marketing to understand our target market, sub-segments & personas
- Research appropriate 3rd party events & conferences aligned to our target market & make appropriate recommendations re participation aligned with our strategy & budget
- Research & develop event concepts for OpenFin community building
- Manage all events from concept to implementation, this includes internal events as well as 3rd party events & our global offsites
- Research venues for events, including proposal & cost comparisons
- Negotiate costs & contracts with vendors
- Handle the submission of contracts & legal review
- Work with vendors on banquet event orders, room blocks, audio visual needs, etc.
- Work with our in-house design team, to ensure timely delivery of invitations, website landing pages, signage & other marketing materials
- Work with the broader marketing team to ensure events are profiled & marketed correctly through social channels as part of our demand generation strategy
- Managing & overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, & organizing speakers, vendors & partners
- Create weekly status emails & attendee statistic excel reports & closely co-ordinate with our sales team
- Create post event briefing packs including successes & areas for improvement
- Update & organize data within multiple databases (Pardot, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Website)
- Manage individual event budgets & timelines
- Execute events in collaboration with OpenFins Partners & Customers within the Financial Services sector
- Coordinate & lead virtual events using Zoom & preferred vendors
- Onsite staffing for in-person events, including travel as needed
- Planning multiple events, webinars etc at once!
- At least 3 years of experience in corporate events, conferences, or corporate access
- Experience working within Financial Services preferred but not essential
- Superior organization & adaptability skills with a high-level attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & perform well under pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Googles Workspace, Asana, Eventbrite, & Meetup.com
- Preferable experience in Webex & Zoom
- Travel approximately 5-10 times a year in addition to early mornings and/or late nights around local events
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our offices & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.