Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for technical account leadership & management for the Denodo Sales Cycle across multiple strategic accounts, including relationships with technical counterparts within those organizations. The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced Sales, Marketing & Product Management personnel & will be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally & go beyond expectations.
Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.) & an exciting growth path as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Sales Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
Product & Technical Knowledge:
Obtain & maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo & technical pitch, including overview of our key & advanced features & benefits, services offerings, differentiation, & competitive positioning
Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture & general feature / functionality of our platform
Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos & PoCs based & beyond customer requirements
Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding customer requirements & issues.
Presentation & organizational skills:
Train & engage customers in the product architecture, configuration, & use of the Denodo Platform
Know where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, & make effective use of those resources.
Enthusiastically present software solutions to prospective customers, from IT managers & technicians to C-level executives
Lead the completion of RFI & RFP
Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client & build problem-solving partnerships with the client & colleagues
Along with Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering & Product Management, & based on market or customer feedback, lead the definition, development & presentation of product & solution demos & PoCs for prospects & partners
Provide technical support to entire sales team as appropriate (e.g. handle technical questions & escalate them when required, conduct training and/or briefings)
Document & track all activity through CRM & an internal wiki, including lead/prospect data entry, detailed activity reports, setting tasks for follow-up, architectures, challenges, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years as a Sales/Solution Engineer, Consultant or Enterprise Architect
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts
- Knowledge & experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices & Frameworks will be a plus
- A can do attitude
- Willingness to travel
Hands-on working experience in any of the following areas:
- Solid understanding of SQL & a good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice. Understanding & optimization of complex queries.
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors (ETL/Data Warehousing, ESB/Messaging, DV).
- Understanding of BigData, NoSQL, in-memory, MPP environments is welcome.
- Technical skills include JDBC/ODBC, XML, JSON, REST APIs, Java development & version control systems. Good knowledge of software development & architectural patterns.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.