Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Character Artist to participate in the development of its games.
The 3D Character Artist artist will be required to produce characters but also other game elements such as environments & props.
The ideal candidate is autonomous & resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, & easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry. His artistic style should be similar to animation films without being exclusive.
- Create the various elements required for the production of the game including textures & materials;
- Ensure optimal game performance by understanding & respecting the technical guidelines & optimizing the artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs & requirements.
- Mastery of the modelling component of the AutodeskMayasoftware. Relevant experience with other similar software is considered;
- Good knowledge of Photoshop;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in the creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in & lighting;
- Traditional drawing is an asset;
- Degree or training in 2D animation / or recognized 3D Art education (in progress or completed);
- Ability to work in a team & communicate, orally & in writing, in a clear & concise manner;
- Passion for video games;
- Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset;
A portfolio is required with your application.