The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
As the Sr. Fine Jewelry & Watches Specialist, you will oversee the facilitation of all Fine Jewelry & Watches (FJW) to optimize product quotas by performing the following duties. This is a production based role.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones & diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine precious metal purity.
- Research fair market value & market demand of branded jewelry & watches.
- Set list prices for branded & unbranded jewelry with direction & final approval from the Gemologist and/or Horologist.
- Train all new Sr. specialists & Specialists hired.
- QC product from Specialists when being challenged on harder pieces.
- Help manage the product sort on all received items.
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized & product flows according to plan.
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approvals.
- Evaluate, authenticate & price a minimum of 30 pieces per day, making sure these are some of the hardest to evaluate within the FJW room (larger gemstones, engagement rings).
- Help facilitate interviews.
- Gem identification experts to answer any questions for the rest of the team.
- Provide training, tips/tricks, & presentations on all difficult gemstones.
- GG certification required.
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.