Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Corporate Development Associate to assist in the evaluation & execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. The person in this role will contribute in all aspects of potential M&A transactions - strategy formation, developing business cases & deal execution. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, this position is critical in supporting Twilios inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated interest in M&A transactions. They also have:
- 2-4 years experience in investment banking, corporate development or private equity.
- Someone with prior experience in a corporate development role at a technology (software) company is ideal but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical & modeling skills.
- Fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, & broad quantitative analyses & familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Have the technical ability to understand software & recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, & engage with product managers
- Technically savvy & experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, & mobility is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets & provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify & qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal & external sources & take a meaningful role in end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, & integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio & have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities & conducting due diligence.
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership & product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth & have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.