Zola is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Finance team. This role will report into the Senior Director of Strategic Finance & partner closely with business units, marketing & merchandising teams to plan, forecast & drive revenue & margins. He/she will provide rigorous & thoughtful analyses to help identify key trends, risks & opportunities, & ad-hoc financial analysis for strategic projects. This role is ideal for someone who has previous experience in retail or sales planning & is passionate about driving the right business decisions with data.
What We are Looking For:
- A motivated self-starter who strives for results & thrive in start-up environment
- Someone with unquestionable integrity & curiosity in solving problems & seeking the truth
- Someone with strong attention to detail & ability to deliver work product with the highest level of accuracy
- Someone who can work effectively with lots of data, yet seeing the bigger picture & focus on drawing actionable insights
- Someone who has executive presence & can confidently deliver insights & provide supporting evidence
- A go-getter who can self-manage & drive process improvements
- Responsible for financial budgeting & forecasting of sales, margins & marketing spend
- Determine the right KPIs to track & report on
- Collaborate with business units, marketing & merch planning teams to conduct weekly & monthly sales forecasts
- Partner with business teams in tracking & diagnosing risks & opportunities of various business products.
- Weekly business KPI reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses such as ROI analysis on marketing investments, partnerships business case, etc.
- Proactively communicate findings to business partners
- Collaborate with accounting team on month end close & financial reporting
- Other financial planning responsibilities depending on capabilities & interests
- 2-4 years+ work experience in a rigorous analytical role, including at least 1 year in a financial or sales planning capacity; Retail or consumer experience a plus
- Experience working with a large database. Proficiency in SQL a plus (or ability to become proficient quickly)
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational & problem solving skills
- Analytical/critical thinker with ability to conduct analysis with minimal oversight & ability to defend such analyses
- Build collaborative relationships & ability to influence partners
- Team player & great communicator
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!