This is a full-time role to lead audience development for the content team at Away, the worlds fastest growing travel brand.
The Director of Audience Development will lead audience growth & engagement strategies across web, social & email for all of Aways content & editorial properties, including Here, our print & digital magazine. This person must understand how audiences engage with & consume content across a range of mediums, including print, digital, audio & video. This role will be instrumental in shaping our content, product & distribution strategy, & will work with our team to define & execute a strategy to develop new audiences across a variety of platforms & titles.
We are seeking a data driven candidate with a strong analytical background. Must have experience working for a media company employing innovative growth strategies across multiple brands & platforms using both organic & paid growth tactics. Experience launching a new title or platform is a plus. The position reports directly to the Head of Content, & will involve a variety of traditional & non-traditional marketing tactics.
- Own audience growth, retention & engagement strategies & execution across all platforms for Here, Podcasts, & any new titles & platforms we launch in the future
- Work closely with editorial to ensure proper implementation of growth, retention & engagement strategies across all platforms
- Work with Aways data, social/community, retention & acquisition teams to inform content strategies that drive audience growth & insights
- Develop reporting process for internal stakeholders, & own KPIs, metrics & models for growth
- Lead analytical projects designed to understand the key behaviors of priority audience segments that drive acquisition, engagement, & long-term retention
- Spearhead growth partnerships (including sweepstakes) aimed at growing audience and/or elevating the content teams titles
- Own print distribution strategy for Here and any future print titles
- Manage budget, placement & analysis of all paid channels for acquisition & audience development campaigns
- 8+ years of experience in audience development at a media company
- Proven ability as a creative self-starter who can develop & lead impactful projects & create & spearhead innovative growth strategies
- Strong understanding of how to interpret paid media performance, subscriber retention, lifetime value, content value & remarketing efforts
- Demonstrated track record of developing partnerships that drive organic audience growth & engagement
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, & work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written & verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Google Analytics & similar web reporting tools
Youll Love Working at Away Because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!