Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Capital Planning Manager to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager for Capital Planning. In this role, you understand Oscars business goals, how to build efficient & repeatable processes & the importance & best-practice in solvency & risk management.
You will report into the Director of Capital Planning.
- Assist in the robust build of financial forecasting & scenario analysis capability
- Assist in the build of statutory capital management framework to support insurance business growth needs, business plans, & capital efficiency
- Support internal & external needs for financial & capital forecasts including regulatory requests, ERM, treasury, strategic planning
- Enhance forecasting functionality with the goal of improving efficiency & quality.
- Monitor current & forecasted capital levels, with key assumptions & inputs fully aligned with financial close & budget processes
- Prepare annual Capital Plan & quarterly capital & liquidity dashboards for Board reporting
- 5+ years of professional experience in the insurance industry
- Experience in financial forecasting in a fast-moving complicated environment
- Practical experience in statutory insurance capital management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to drive outcomes, work with large datasets & distill analyses into actionable business insights
- Collaborative attitude to work in highly cross-functional organizations
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.