About the Role
Purpose is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide daily support to the Global Head of HR & EDI. This role is a balancing act: managing the day-to-day tasks of any phenomenal EA leading all aspects of schedules, preparing for meetings, & coordinating events in addition to higher-order work like handling sensitive information & relationships, taking on special projects, & proactively solving problems of all magnitude. Our ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented & organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, & has proven success developing organization wide initiatives.
Were looking for an excellent communicator who is highly organized & knows how to support a senior executive across workstreams. This role will be supporting the Global Head of HR & EDI in spearheading initiatives across our offices, including but not limited to performance management, learning & development, recruitment & retention.
This is a full time contract position until the end of 2021 based in Purposes NYC office, with a high possibility of conversion to a full time staff position. Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their application, highlighting their relevant experience & explaining their interest in the role.
Provide timely, efficient administrative support to a Purpose executive. Including, but not limited to:
- Manage the executives calendar, including heavy & complex scheduling, on a daily, weekly, & monthly basis ensuring alignment with key priorities
- Correspond proactively with external contacts & internal team members alike to schedule & coordinate meetings & calls
- Screen & prioritize incoming internal & external inquiries as necessary
- Maintain regular daily communication with the executive, ensuring close adherence to changing calendars & priorities
- Liaise with the broader Purpose team to ensure meetings are effectively staffed, prepared for, & followed up on. This may include preparing briefs & decks, taking notes, & coordinating follow-ups
- Track expenses & submit monthly expense reports
- Streamline tasks & priorities for the executive
- Support with special projects as needed
- 2-4 years previous experience as an executive or personal assistant to a senior staff member or equivalent relevant experience
- A keen eye for detail & meticulous organization skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Proactive & able to anticipate needs
- Responds well to new challenges & able to adapt priorities accordingly
- Remains calm & focused in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive company information & high level of integrity
- Comfortable working with all levels of clients, visitors & employees, including senior executives
- Able to collaborate effectively across teams & stakeholders
- Experience with Google Suite, including Gmail & Google Calendar
- Proficient with Mac systems & software, including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Flexibility on work hours
- You are excited to support global teams & work with people from diverse backgrounds
- You are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
- Eligible to work in the US
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.