Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class product & engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our product & engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the technology organization.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
As a Vice President of Product Management at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction & driving major strategic & product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership to define product strategy, build roadmaps, & lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agents experience. Youll build, manage, & mentor a team of senior product managers & collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers & Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design & user research
- Work with agents, product marketing & product support to carefully understand & analyze user needs & turn those into a product plan, roadmap & detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering & design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Become a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them & coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Understand Compass strategic & competitive position & deliver products that help transform the industry
What We Look For:
- Proven senior leader with a track record of growing teams that deliver serious impact; high growth experience a serious plus
- User centric product management approach - focuses on user problems & building solutions around them that delight users
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape & use that information to define product strategy & prioritize the problems to solve
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Technically proficient & able to work closely & get buy in from engineers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, & drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.