At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is growing our People & Places team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare & then allowing you to do your best work. We passionately believe in leadership at all levels, & our fast growth has created a special opportunity to really stretch our team members to acquire new skills & grow on the job. You will help us get better at this by spending time with our people & developing & implementing programs that are responsive to our peoples needs, echo our values & will scale as we continue to grow globally.
What you'll do
We are growing our Total Rewards team & looking for someone with a strong background in compensation, who is passionate about designing & developing meaningful rewards programs, guiding organizations in making pay decisions, & building knowledge & trust in our compensation programs.
- Partner with the People team & leaders to manage, consult & guide compensation decisions
- Partner with the People Operations & Systems team to design, configure & administer compensation systems
- Participate in compensation surveys & analyze market data; manage all benchmarking activity
- Lead compensation planning & review cycles with strong People team partnerships & project management. Provide leadership in company-wide compensation communications & total rewards delivery.
- Collaborate on the design of compensation programs & frameworks, including base, variable & equity programs.
- Design compensation communications, tools & processes for recruiting, managers, employees & other partners.
- Participate in the development of total compensation communications, including training, compensation statements, videos & other material
- Assist in preparing analysis & materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Ensure pay practices are compliant with requirements in the countries where we operate.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 8+ years of Compensation experience
- Experience with job evaluation, salary structure design & market pricing
- Experience with equity program design & administration
- Knowledge of Radford survey benchmark jobs & database
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data & develop insights
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively
- Keen business acumen & proven ability to align organization business strategies with rewards programs
- Experience with Workday compensation planning functionality a plus
- Exceptional communication skills both written & oral
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.