Okta is looking for an experienced Developer Experience Software Engineer who is passionate about building a world class customer centric experience in a fast-paced agile environment.
The ideal candidate will share our passion & great pride ensuring that developers who are interested in using Okta Integration Network APIs will be met with clear & easy to understand documentation & instructions. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Developer Experience is critical to Okta's strategy. This is a high-impact role in a fast-paced organization that is poised for massive growth & success.
Our disciplined team is fast, innovative & flexible; with a weekly release cycle & individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers & reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies & the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties & Responsibility
- Get hands on with our existing developer APIs, process, tools & documentation then partner with our product management & Documentation teams to build a new, world class developer experience.
- Design & build software development kits & other tooling for developers using the Okta Integration Network APIs in Java
- Ability to write sample code using the SAML / SCIM protocol.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently when given high level goals to achieve.
- Building a test harness, test-driven development, design & code reviews.
- Interface with our Operations Team, Product Management, Technical Support & Documentation Team, walkthrough of developer code.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience in Java & other strongly typed languages (.NET & C# is a plus).
- Experience building libraries or tools that are developer centric.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- Ideally, familiarity with SAML, OIDC, SCIM, & OAuth 2.0
Education & Training:
B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field