About MakeSpace www.makespace.com
MakeSpace is a national tech startup headquartered in New York City that is disrupting the self-storage industry. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. MakeSpace is a convenient, simple, on-demand storage solution that takes the self out of self-storage.
Our Human Resources team is small but mighty... we are a nimble, hard-working, & extremely positive group! Are you passionate about building & promoting a positive company culture? Are you interested in helping set new employees up for success on their first day (and beyond!)? Does working with all departments excite you? Do you want to be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup where you can immediately see the impact youve made? Do you want to work with fun, brilliant people?
Were looking for an Office Manager to be a part of our efforts to manage the goings-on of our headquarters office, while providing high quality service & support to our teams. This role is based out of our headquarters office in the Financial District.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Setting up new employee computers & accounts on various platforms & systems to ensure new employees have a smooth onboarding experience
- Manage food deliveries, supply ordering, & coordinate team clean up & kitchen duty
- Captain our Social Committee - budget, plan, coordinate, & communicate regularly scheduled company events, including our Summer & Holiday parties, to keep morale high. Work hard, play hard!
- Manage facilities; conference room maintenance, maintain positive relationship with building support, cleaning crew, & quickly address any facilities issues that arise.
- Greet visitors & vendors that come to the office; keep our team safe by being responsible for the guest list
- Coordinate gifting & cards for employee birthdays
- Assist with Executive scheduling which includes coordinating Board meetings, offsites, dinners, travel, etc.
- Provide support on Executive expense reporting & reconciliation when needed
- Be a trusted resource for the team while handling day to day employee inquiries
- You love to collaborate & work with a team
- You are nimble & adaptable to the day to day priorities
- You are creative & a problem solver- you create processes & routines to organize your day to day workload
- You are a great communicator, capable of tailoring your message to different levels of audience
- Youre not scared to roll up your sleeves & make things happen
- You have a team attitude - you support all areas of the business & love to learn about all departments
- Very detail-oriented; you always cross your Ts & dot your Is
- Collaborative, positive, & flexible; able to seamlessly re-prioritize based on business needs
- Tech savvy with a desire to continuously learn new systems
- Have a can-do, people-first attitude
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- An ownership mentality. Not afraid to take responsibility & initiative
What You'll Get
- Strong compensation package
- Fully paid medical benefits
- Beer on tap, La Croix in the fridge, & snacks to get you through the day
- Weekly catered lunches
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym memberships & movie discounts
- Work with a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.