Shutterstock is looking for talented Cloud Platform Engineers to slam dunk hard-driven projects with high-pressure deadlines, & nail sudden adrenaline-pumping severe issues that could cost the business tens of thousands of dollars a second. You will be working within a team of highly-motivated peers creating solutions that are high-quality, performant & scalable.
At Shutterstock, customers are our number one priority, & we work hard to deliver value to them with everything we do. On a given day within the Cloud Platform Engineering team, you could be involved in architecting solutions & deploying cloud solutions, researching cloud services to bring better cost efficiency & performance to the company, enabling DevOps best practices, & organizing the migration of legacy applications to either container-based solutions in Kubernetes or AWS EC2.
Shutterstock teams are empowered to own their applications. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new services, prioritizing new projects & proactively making improvements to existing deployments.
- 2+ years of experience in software development / operations
- 2+ years of experience in developing / operating large scale distributed services / applications
- Proficiency in command line & scripting languages
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring, & performance
- Excellent organizational, verbal, & written communication skills
- Good understanding of Datacenter, Networking, Software Development, Release Management, Automation & Testing
- Knowledge of tools such as New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, Kubernetes
- CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Jenkins...)
- Contributions to Open Source projects is an asset
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V