The Food Safety / QA Supervisor position is responsible for upholding to all HelloFresh food safety & quality standards. This position also acts as a backup SQF practitioner. The FSQ Supervisor works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Supervisor receives direction from Management & carries out instructions based on given directive. The Supervisor is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies.
- Ensure a high level of internal & external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues & complaints relating to quality.
- Performing internal audits.
- Develop & analyze statistical data & product specifications to determine standards & to establish quality & reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize compliance, product reliability & minimize costs.
- Create, document & implement inspection criteria & procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop & implement food safety training programs.
- Provide, & oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Interact with vendors & procurement to ensure food safety of all purchased parts.
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal & external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the food safety & SQF system when the manger is out
- Following-up on & closing pending preventive & corrective action requests.
- Ensuring that organizational systems & training is in place.
- Ensuring that documentation & design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administering document control & configuration management system.
- Overseeing established calibration & testing program.
- Assisting the management team & provide QA support when QA Manager is out.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Leadership: train & develop a large group of employees
- Performance Management: for assigned production lines
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction & relay information to employees
At a minimum you have....
- Bachelor's degree or related management work experience.
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in quality/food safety assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality assurance manager, & with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
You will get...
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.