In Engineering Operations you will take on a variety of strategic, operational, & analytical projects to drive operational growth in our engineering organization. At Faire, youll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning & analysis, to presenting your recommendations to Faires leadership team & working cross-functionally with a strong focus on Product, UX Design, Engineering & Customer Success.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, & data-driven environment & have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions, including business operations, product, growth, & analytics. This is an opportunity to join a team where youre set up for success & play an integral role in helping us embrace hyper-growth mode!
In Engineering Operations You Will:
- Work on high-impact projects across the entire product development value stream (from concept to launch) & partner closely with Engineering, Product & Design
- Identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, & execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights & make recommendations to Faires leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by performing ad hoc analyses & building reports & KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of product performance, engineering output, efficiency, quality, test effectiveness, queue management, velocity, etc.
- A Bachelors degree & 4+ years of experience in management consulting, engineering operations, business operations, or business analytics
- Experience working closely with engineering teams required
- You are analytical & data-driven -- you can define KPIs & measure progress/success for your initiatives.
- You understand engineering organizations & how they function along with, general product development process understanding.
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (engineering, product, design, marketing etc.) & work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player & love to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful & not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Knowledge of SQL
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 30,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. Its a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy & fulfillment thats become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness & self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.