Research Operations Associate
Make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a Research Operations Associate to help us coordinate user research & improve our operational excellence. As a Research Operations Associate, you will work directly with Researchers & Product Designers to plan, implement, & coordinate research projects & build processes to scale our research program. To be successful, this individual must be relentlessly organized, embrace change, have a growth mindset, think end-to-end, & communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
- Coordinate the end-to-end recruiting process, including sourcing, screening, scheduling & communicating with participants before & after the study.
- Collaborate with Researchers & Designers to plan research studies, decide sourcing methods, develop screening criteria, & execute the plan.
- Participate & take notes during research sessions as needed.
- Promote compliance with policies & adoption of best practices.
- Develop & scale research operations by improving documentation, processes, & tools across the team.
- Manage shared resources, such as team website, training materials, playbooks, & knowledge repositories.
- Source & evaluate vendors as needed. Work with legal, security, & procurement teams to onboard & pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work & contracts.
- Partner with others to deliver on Operations initiatives including building team culture, strengthening connection, & improving communication.
You should have:
- 2+ Years Experience in a Research or Design Operations role
- Experience in administrative duties, project management, process improvement or related field
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent collaboration, coordination, & organizational skills
- Effective time management & communication skills
- Interest in Product Design, User Experience, or Research
- Ability to work across multiple projects at one time in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.