The Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches Luxury Consignment Office at The RealReal will oversee operations for one our Midtown location, from receiving, to authentication & pricing, & cataloging, while ensuring quality, productivity, & our consignor service level agreements. You will be deeply-rooted in LCO FJW Expert functions. You are a leader & collaborator who identifies opportunities, strives for business success & develops achievable strategies. You will manage a high-growth department; training, motivating & inspiring a team of Fine Jewelry & Watch Valuation Managers & Specialists. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches, LCO.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Create an environment that ensures a high level of employee engagement & accountability; set clear expectations; motivate, & maintain SLA
- Maintain administrative duties, i.e. scheduling, time off, attendance tracking, new hire onboarding
- Set targets & metrics, monitor & report on daily performance to ensure quality & productivity goals are achieved & the smooth resolution of exceptions; anticipate & manage pipeline & product flow accordingly
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive content & consistency in expert experience & assist with escalations
- Establish goals that align with & promote Company quality & Consignor & Customer expectations & hold the team accountable. Aim to meet or exceed Consignor & Customer expectations by providing outstanding service
- Partner with LCO operations team to maintain SLA, manage product shifts, & ensure staffing across all LCO NYC locations
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years management experience; production environment or e-commerce experience preferred
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required; concentration in management and/or business preferred
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of business or warehouse software
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong commitment to action
- The capability to handle ambiguity & be flexible to changing needs & priorities
- The ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks and/or escalate issues
- Demonstrated ability to self start & manage people with organizational effectiveness to maximize productivity, locally & remotely
- Passion for creating a high caliber team with dedication to operational excellence & providing outstanding customer service
- The skills to work effectively & collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals & deadlines, & foster cross-functional partnerships
- Attention to detail, strong organizational & communication skills, geared towards large groups
- Technical proficiency to understand manufacturing & material details, interpret test results, & grasp secondary market pricing principles preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Graduate Gemology diploma and/or jewelry knowledge preferred
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.