As the 1stdibs marketplace continues to expand, its imperative that we maintain the integrity of our business: enter, Marketplace Trust. Working for the Marketplace Trust team allows for a chance to collaborate with external restorers, the 1stdibs art & design research team, external experts in art & design, & both buyers & sellers of luxury products on a daily frequency.
Our vision is to empower 1stdibs customer-facing teams to quickly & fairly resolve disputes related to on-platform transactions, while balancing our core marketplace values, customer preferences, & respect for our dealers transaction policies, all while ensuring scalable/responsible practices that prevent 1stdibs from incurring undue financial loss.
This is a cross-disciplinary position that requires exceptional judgment, well-developed critical thinking & communication skills, & the ability to excel in ambiguous & quickly changing situations.
What youll do
- Manage complex escalated cases, inquiries, & legal notices, including working directly with legal counsel to respond to legal notices & implement & monitor policies to reduce legal risk (e.g., chargeback disputes, BBB notices, compliance with local & international regulations, etc.)
- Develop trust & safety policies, best practices & product features that build trust for both buyers & sellers while providing a satisfactory end-to-end buying experience
- Continually monitor attempted fraud by performing in-depth analysis of transaction & customer records to identify areas of vulnerability & adjust account review rules accordingly
- Manage & empower the team to enforce policies & resolve complex escalations with customers, sellers, & creators in cooperation with our seller & buyer teams
- Be the primary point of contact, to both internal & external stakeholders regarding the rules of engagement for 1stdibs' marketplace
- Ensure day-to-day operations stay on track by managing team schedules, workload, & task assignment, while reducing average time to respond to high risk orders
- Work with managers on buyer & seller-facing teams to design & implement process improvements that increase quality, efficiency, & customer experience
- Manage current software & processes in place that support the team; serve as the point person for external vendors & recommend improvements, upgrades or rule changes, where relevant.
What youll bring
- 5+ years in a senior role focused on e-commerce fraud prevention, investigation, chargeback dispute resolution, identify verification, & mitigation strategies
- Experience working with Customer Support, Legal, Product, Law Enforcement, & Sales teams on all matters relevant to both internal & customer-facing policies.
- Experience with global market regulations, including anti-money laundering, sanctions, & copyright law
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, influence, & unite people behind a common goal
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Ability to set work priorities in ambiguous & rapidly changing situations
- Experience with policy development & enforcement
- Exceptional judgment & critical thinking skills
Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience with luxury goods
- Experience with fraud software such as Kount & Lexus Nexus
- Experience with Salesforce
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.