Sr. Manager of Safety Programs & Construction Safety
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Sr. Manager of Safety Programs & Construction Safety
to our team! As Sr. Manager of Safety Programs & Construction Safety, you will join forces with the Director of Corporate Safety & Security to head up workplace safety initiatives for our entire US Operations! You will develop & manage programs & teams in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on asset protection, & champion a safe & secure environment!
- You will be responsible for the implementation, delivery, & day-to-day management of the Operational safety & construction safety programs.
- You will work closely with the other HQ teams as it relates to vendor safety services, safety systems, program management & technology.
- Manage the Corporate EHS Audit Program, leading internal audits on-site, as well as organizing & supporting 3rd party audits with businesses
- Mitigate significant safety & security risks, designs & implements strategies & programs to prevent & reduce severity & frequency of injuries & equipment damage.
- Provide consulting support & make recommendations to the Director of Safety & Security & Operations management regarding appropriate, timely & necessary improvements or enhancements to their facilities
- Manage & provide guidance to the corporate staff in identifying, developing, implementing & maintaining safety processes across HelloFresh to reduce risks, respond to incidents, & limit exposure to the company
- Ensure proper vendor identification, bidding, & budgeting to support the corporate safety initiatives
- Develop & deliver preventative programs & services to protect team members from harm, by creating a zero-harm environment.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, & compliance
- Work with integrity & the utmost regard for the safety & health at HelloFresh
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes & results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport & communicate at all levels; youre confident sharing ideas & are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it & completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact & deliver presentations that inspire & influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS-related field required
- 5+ years of experience working in a corporate EHS department with specific policy & compliance responsibilities, strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, & DOT Regulations required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & Google Apps (i.e. google forms) & web applications strongly preferred
- Preferred Professional Certification: CSP, ASP, OHST
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently & with a team
- Manage workload & prioritize tasks independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.