At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring an experienced, talented & energetic attorney to join our expanding Legal team. You will primarily partner with our Global Supply Management, Product & Engineering teams to drive Lyfts development & production of bikes, scooters & Internet of Things devices as well as general procurement matters. You will collaborate with a growing team of attorneys & legal support staff that will establish playbooks & processes to ensure that legal support scales as Lyfts business continues to expand. You will also provide support as needed for our enterprise sales team to support Lyfts growth as the preferred rideshare partner of businesses & institutions around the country. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team & to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Review, draft & negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including supply chain, inbound services, licenses & joint development & collaboration agreements across various Lyft business groups
- Support legal requests from Global Supply Management, Product, Engineering, Enterprise Sales & other internal stakeholders in an efficient & professional manner
- Review, draft & negotiate enterprise agreements between Lyft & partners such as Universities & Fortune 100 companies
- Advise business & cross functional stakeholders on legal issues that may include product liability, regulatory issues, agreement structures & intellectual property matters
- Develop & refine playbooks & processes to streamline negotiation process & lead trainings & relationship building with internal stakeholders in supply chain, general procurement & enterprise sales
- Assist other teams with projects on an as-needed basis, including the corporate legal group
- JD Degree & must be admitted to the bar in which the position is located & in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial & license agreements along with deep experience with supply agreements
- Experience in another specialist subject area of law such as intellectual property or product work is a plus
- Self-starter who is curious, loves technology & thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.