BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
You will be joining a small team of communication enthusiasts who work closely with BlaBlaCar's Founders & management team to articulate BlaBlaCar's vision & strategy to internal & external audiences globally. The Corporate Communications team builds content that conveys our values, vision, impacts & strategic direction, & gives a face to the company. This role is a great opportunity to be exposed to the strategic decisions of a fast-growing scale-up & to articulate them to key stakeholders.
What you will directly contribute to
Your main mission will be to fully grasp BlaBlaCar's positioning & strategy & derive it into different types of content for various company's stakeholders (media, partners, public affairs, recruitment, internal, etc.) . By doing so, you will help build a consistent & engaging message about our activity, establish the BlaBlaCar's employee brand, support the large-scale behavioural change towards shared mobility, & provide a face to the company.
- Content creation for Founder presentations (eg: leading sector conferences, Team-All communications, etc.). This includes building the narrative with the Head of Corporate Communications, creating great slides to convey complex concepts, & spearheading the creation of visuals or video contents with the brand team where needed.
- Copyrighting in English & French for bylines by the company's management, studies, book contributions, LinkedIn articles, etc.
- Create & establish our Employer Branding strategy, capturing & promoting all that's great about who we are & what we do. Turning job descriptions into job ads, creating editorial lines for our social media channels, community management, manage recruitment campaigns, creation of our new career website.
-Showcase that BlaBlaCar is an attractive Tech workplace. Organizing & participating in tech events (hackathons, meetups, recruitment events, academic events). Promoting content creation on different tech channels: Medium, BlaBlaTech Twitter, open source contributions & encouraging other contributors across the company.
- Proposing & organising events about the mobility ecosystem, building related content, & communicating about them across relevant channel.
What you will need to be successful
- Passionate about corporate communications
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to transform complex messages into compelling messages
- Ability to understand & create content about the company strategy & sector trends
- Strong experience creating different types of communications (articles, posts, slides, etc.) across channels (PR, social media, conferences, events)
- Knowledge & understanding of Tech ecosystem & trends, comfortable with engineering linguo
- Excellent copywriting skills in both French & English
- Fluent in French & English, other languages would be a plus
- Entrepreneurial & a relentless doer
- Humble, structured, organized, & passionate about the impact of the company & this role
- Enjoy working as a team-player & learning from others
- Experience using social media, & interest in building the diffusion plan for the content created
A few practical details about the role
Start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: Paris HQ
Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
A strong Fun & Serious company culture
An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw)
State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member.
Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment (for Tech only)
Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France & Europe (for Tech only)
What is next
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below without forgetting to upload your resume in English (PDF format) nor to answer our questions in English as well. Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you to a video interview, several on-site interviews & a case study will follow.