Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Compensation Manager to join our Compensation team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values & culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. We are hiring a Compensation Manager to strengthen our compensation & equity programs. This person will be responsible for executing Oscar's compensation processes, ensuring they align with Oscars goals & business objectives.
Here at Oscar we move quickly, are continuously iterating on our processes, & driving change through innovation. Were looking for an analytical & operational thinker who can design processes that support the strategic vision for our compensation program, then effectively operationalize them & drive engagement along the way.
This role will report to our Associate Director, Compensation
In the first 6 weeks, you should:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our People team workflows & processes.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our current compensation philosophy & practices.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal & external .
- Become familiar with Workday compensation & bonus functions.
- Become familiar with Radford, our market data vendor.
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Manage compensation planning, administration, & reporting
- Recommend & implement enhancements to merit & bonus processes, including end-user system modules in Workday
- Complete regular audits to ensure maintenance of data integrity across Workday & reporting
- Participate in market surveys & benchmark best practices in order to maintain competitive positioning & recommend new plans & revisions that are cost effective & consistent with compensation trends & corporate objectives.
- Partner with our L&D team to drive employee engagement & understanding regarding the merit & bonus process
- Ensure that all aspects of plan design & administration remain in compliance with applicable laws.
- Ensure practices upheld through the analysis of existing policies, guidelines & procedures
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in compensation analysis administration
- Expertise of compensation administration, including job architecture & market data
- Strong business acumen with the ability to learn & understand financials, & relay learnings to the business
- Familiarity with HRIS technology & market data vendors, Workday & Radford preferred
- Exceptional analytical, prioritization, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously, but take direction as needed
- Strong project management skills: good follow-through on cross-functional plans, projects & goals
- Results- oriented & able to balance multiple priorities, working quickly & nimbly
- You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative & proactively provide suggestions to streamline & improve processes
- Strong collaborator & influencer; able to build strong partnerships with internal & external partners
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.