Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. Engineer that will lead performance & be responsible for analysis, design & software development to reach required Performance targets. Candidate must be able demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to system Performance development: understanding complex software systems, design maintainable & scalable software, performance features, lead of investigation & fixing bottlenecks with focus on graphics. Seeking strong communication skills & the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide technical leadership to software engineering teams focusing on graphics performance.
- Lead technology selection, architecture & planning activities for Performance, Power & Reliability of product design for all layers.
- Work with customers & suppliers to develop & integrate innovative solutions for product graphics stack.
- Investigate next generation technologies for applicability to solve current & future technical challenge.
- Follow industry trends & developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases & incorporate them into new & existing architectures
- Experience in establishing performance processes: from early system requirements to product KPIs, design, coding, testing, validation
- Experience in hardware analysis & its impact to KPIs
- Experience in performance oriented system architecture design
- Experience in practical performance:
- performance test setup according to KPIs
- data statistical evaluation & testing stabilization
- problems diagnosing, bottleneck localization & analysis
- producing patches which solves findings
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems for latency, system interconnect, throughput & bandwidth problems
- GPU profiling & analysis with focusing on OpenGL/Vulkan problems.
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience with Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Ability to establish test cycle: explain for testers essential parts of testing for performance/latency, timings & data collection principles
- Excellent communication, training & documentation skills
Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux/Android Vulkan graphics drivers
- Development experience for Linux kernel, & device drivers
- Memory profiling & analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) & in general how VMM works in Linux
- Resources & power management for embedded system
- ELF format organization, ARM EABI, stack organization & how use it in practice will be great plus
- Performance tools development
- Master degree in Computer Science
- Your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.