About the role:
Dig Inn is seeking a Manager, Learning & Organizational Development to join our People + Culture team.
You will play a key role in creating & delivering learning experiences across a variety of roles & stages in employees career journeys. In this role, you will lead all activities related to the execution of learning programs, from needs analysis through design, development & delivery of programs both in-person & digital.
A big part of the role is acting as an internal consultant to collaborate with stakeholders across all business levels. You'll be a key driver in a variety of projects across people operations, manager training, leadership development, functional training, change management, performance management & organizational development.
To excel in this role, you'll need to have solid fundamentals in learning & development, organizational development, coaching, as well as a base knowledge of human resources.
About the team:
At Dig Inn, we believe that building great teams & culture starts with a people-first approach. We cast a wide net - teach as much as we learn, learn as much as we teach. We seed our ideas & tend to the people around us. The Learning & Development team embodies the Dig value Nurture the Next Crop & is dedicated to growing chefs, culinary professionals, & future leaders.
- Serve as a talent development advisor for learning & development, organizational development, culture development, & employee engagement
- Design training programs for both restaurant & corporate employees
- Maintain current knowledge of all restaurant systems, food service & safety systems, & labor deployment systems to ensure the technical skills of all operators are kept current; develops & executes plans to close skill gaps when present
- Work with our restaurant & corporate leaders to identify key areas of development for their team members to ensure we are building an effective bench of talent
- Responsible for executing new restaurant opening training procedures, working with local operations team to ensure all team members are thoroughly & effectively trained to deliver role & service expectations
- Leverage strong internal consulting skills to partner with stakeholders in developing & designing functional specific training
- Select vendor partners for learning programs not developed in-house
- Launch a new Learning Management System in partnership with the CPO
- Analyze employee feedback data & establish success metrics of programs & initiatives
- Assist in leading teams through change & embrace continuous learning
- A people advocate + culture curator: youre passionate about solving people problems & dedicated to delivering a positive employee experience
- An excellent communicator, able to present information in a clear & concise manner orally & in writing to ensure others understand ideas; appropriately adapt message, style, & tone to accommodate a variety of audiences
- Design-focused with a keen eye for detail & knowledge of instructional design & adult learning principles
- Able to develop, maintain, & strengthen partnerships with others inside & outside the organization
- Analytical & data-driven, you enjoy using logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solve complex problems, as well as brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Adaptable, flexible, & motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant
20-30% to support new restaurant openings on the East coast & beyond
- Bachelor degree, & 5+ years of experience in Training including design & development, delivering of training, onboarding, safety training, or professional development programs
- Experience in the restaurant, hospitality and/or retail industry is strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products; MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
- Developed learning scorecards across different business verticals
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Macbook + company phone (or phone reimbursement)
- Equinox gym membership plan based on eligibility
- Flexible vacation time
- Flexible office (work from anywhere)
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ
- The Dig Farmthink adult farm trips
- Complimentary Dig Inn all day, everyday
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.