TrialSpark is a digital health company that accelerates the discovery of new treatments for patients by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, clinical trials are deeply inefficient. A single clinical trial can cost more than 100 million dollars & less than 10% of clinical trials are completed on time. Our mission is to bring treatments to patients faster by addressing these inefficiencies.
As an Analytics Engineer, you'll be the chief steward of our analytical data infrastructure. An analyst at heart, you will build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, & develop tools that streamline data discovery & knowledge sharing. You'll work closely with our Platform engineers, data scientists & data analysts to create a data architecture that ensures the right information is available & accessible to all stakeholders throughout the organization.
At TrialSpark we pride ourselves on being data-driven & our decision making rests on our ability to leverage data in the best ways possible. As such, the Analytics Engineer plays a central role to how we make those decisions in as fast & reliable a way as possible. A good candidate will be someone who is able to balance the structure required to curate a highly robust & high fidelity data warehouse, while understanding that as a start-up, you need to be nimble, iterative & always looking to learn. In addition to running the day-to-day, youll be asked to look for ways to improve our processes as the business scales.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build & maintain the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible
- Maintaining & performance tuning our Redshift cluster & any expensive queries
- Maintaining & improving our Looker model to ensure that stakeholders can access the data they need in a clear & reliable way
- Integrating third party data sources as we add marketing channels, data partners & other vendors
- Working closely with Product & Engineering to ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model; & when it doesnt build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Supporting our CCD & OMOP model transformations
- Managing user roles & permissions for Redshift & Looker
- When needed, performing stakeholder related work, such as dashboards or analysis
- Integrating & productionizing analyst & data science models as needed
- Build data expertise, best practices & own data quality for all analytical data needs
- Define & manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- 2-4 years of relevant analytical experience
- BS/BA in a quantitative degree
- Experience building analytical data models
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in LookML
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dbt a plus
- Strong communicator; experience working with non-technical stakeholders a plus
- You are passionate about our mission. You are excited about building the perfect team to bring medical treatments to patients faster.
- You are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks & arent afraid to track down people to help solve problems.