VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Producer, Integrated Production
REPORTS TO: Head of Integrated Production
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Production / VICE+ Productions
- Participate in the development of story ideas by researching, location scouting, casting & securing interviewees
- Oversee all production operations outside the office while on location
- Oversee travel bookings & location releases prior & during shoots
- Oversee call sheets
- Create story boards, shot lists & production schedules for shoots
- Manage equipment bookings for shoots with the equipment department
- Manage the production team in the office & on location, while ensuring solid communication is maintained
- Execute & manage production activities such as directing & supervising when applicable
- Hire & manage crew for various productions
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Work with Project Manager to ensure each production is adhering to client deadlines as per work back schedules
- Work with Project Manager to oversee budget & update cost tracker with actuals
- Work with the post production team to ensure smooth workflow for deliverables
- Manage & work with post production team to log & ingest incoming footage
- Research & clear archival material with the legal team
- Provide notes for rough cuts & fine cuts to send to editor
- Contribute to talent pool & quality matrix
- Manage any additional production duties as required
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, including the Production Coordinator to support all aspects of the pipeline including launch.
- University/College degree in Film & Arts or a related media or humanities field required.
- Exceptional time & resource management skills
- 3+ years of experience in a Producing role at a well digital production company (or equivalent) or advertising agency
- Knowledge of media production, communication, & dissemination techniques & methods
- Knowledge & understanding of Vice programming & style
- Experience producing branded content
- Experience managing multiple projects & work-streams
- Ability to assess vendor quality
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Ability to collaborate & be a valued team contributor
- Experience with post-production & directorial activities
- Ability to locate visuals from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to work flexible hours & manage team meetings
- Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities
- Must be detailed orientated & highly organized
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MAC computer systems & program
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.