Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The RTR product team is data-driven, experimental, iterative, & customer-obsessed. We're energized by defining new behavior in the rental ecosystem & are constantly looking for new ways to delight our customers.
This role is the product lead for operations. The operations team works to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging & garment science. The RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation & inventory care.
About the Job:
As a Product Manager, you will manage the vision & roadmap for systems that power Rent the Runways operations & supply chain. This includes all aspects of the customers order fulfillment & return process which covers inventory management, bookings, fulfillment, transportation, & inventory care. You will partner with engineering, product design, business stakeholders, data science/analytics, & third party vendors to implement innovative solutions that increase efficiency, drive scale, & improve the customer experience.
What You'll Do:
- Develop product strategies for RTRs operations & innovative supply chain
- Lead cross-functional teams through all phases of the product life cycle
- Partner with rockstar engineering teams to in a fast paced, Agile development process
- Build a deep understanding of our customer & internal stakeholders to develop product roadmaps & specifications that deliver tremendous value
- Drive competitive advantage by designing & implementing innovative solutions that leverage technology
- Define, monitor & measure launched products to maintain a tight learning loop that continually informs the product development process
- You have a bachelors and/or masters degree with a focus in a technical discipline.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience with expertise in e-commerce, fulfillment, inventory management, reverse logistics, transportation and/or other related supply chain domains.
- You're a builder. You are excited about creating new products that deliver significant business impact.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Youre constantly learning. You run experiments to validate assumptions & mitigate risks. You are flexible & able to change direction as you learn.
- You create vision & clarity. You manage complexity & ambiguity. You are comfortable & energized by uncharted problems.
- You're analytical. You turn data into actionable insights.
- You're a strong communicator. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk & how to listen in remote & in-person environments.
- You enjoy getting technical. You are familiar with SQL & APIs. You are comfortable working with engineers day-to-day & able to participate in technical discussions.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.