Join VillageMD as Executive Director, Chicago Market
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for an Executive Director, Chicago Market to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
We are looking for an Executive Director to lead our VillageMD Chicago team. In this role, youll be accountable for the strategy, operations & financial results for the local market MSO. You will also be responsible for building out the team & supporting infrastructure to appropriately serve all providers with the required practice operations support & delivery of analytic, clinical & operational resources & services to enable success in a value-based environment. Supported by a national team to launch the VillageMD model of care locally, you will monitor network performance, removing barriers & developing & implementing strategies that enable provider adoption & success. This individual will identify & develop strategic growth opportunities, partnering with payer, provider & service partners to enhance care delivery & provider support.
How you can make a difference
- Working with VMD executive leadership to develop strategic plan & organizational design to optimize local business operations in accordance with the VMD model
- Building out the required talent & infrastructure to drive the successful implementation & long-term sustainability of the VMD model with a focus on creating a high-performance culture that focuses on execution & service
- End to end accountability for market performance on growth, financial, quality & operational outcomes
- Maintaining market knowledge of competition; proactively assessing, analyzing & implementing effective responses to new & existing market barriers to growth & adoption
- In conjunction with corporate & local development teams, identify, oversee & execute network & operations growth opportunities
- Developing, maintaining & extending strong relationships with MSO providers & broader community physicians to foster a strong pipeline for service expansion
- Ensuring market accountability to state & national regulatory requirements & organizational strategy, culture & values
- Penetrating the market healthcare community to build collaborative relationships across the continuum of care
- Working closely with market physician leadership to garner support for MSO-related initiatives, soliciting & implementing feedback to improve efficiency & outcome
- Collaboratively work with local & regional health plans & other key stakeholders new channels for growth & operational performance
Skills for success
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, & can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- Previous hands-on experience with value-based care initiatives and/or positively influencing quality outcomes is a requirement to lead market success in a new healthcare paradigm
- You have a strong sense of personal accountability for delivering individual & team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a keen sense of urgency, attention to detail, & a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving & execution
Experience to drive change
- Significant experience working with an employed primary care medical group in deploying their shift to value-based care
- Strong understanding of & familiarity with the local Chicago market payer & healthcare landscape & players
- Significant P+L management experience & prior history & success leading & managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver P+L results
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- Prior leadership experience in a large medical group operation preferred
- A depth of knowledge & hands-on experience with operating against value-based arrangements including care management programs & necessary operational infrastructure & programming for managing attributed lives
- Sound understanding of payer relationships & contracts
- Managed care experience is ideal; understands & has negotiated provider agreements with major payers
- Significant experience managing two-sided risk-based payment models with providers & knowledge of how providers are successful in advanced risk-based arrangements
- Great appreciation for the paradigm, workflow & capability changes necessary for primary care physicians to be successful under advanced risk-based arrangements
- You are entrepreneurial & have knowledge & experience with high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves & dig into the details of the work
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians & their care teams in a patient & provider-centric manner to effect change & improve processes & outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility & establish the required relationships to influence & generate results; can quickly influence market partners to action
- You are comfortable getting into the details of operations to drive execution & can quickly pivot between strategy & operations
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of healthcare financial & operational data & reporting as well as healthcare technology
- Comfortable leading large-scale transformation & change management initiatives
- Can point to success significantly increasing the scale of a managed entity, network of physician groups, or an ACO
- You have strong understanding of the healthcare landscape in Chicago & are well-networked in the healthcare community
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- Bachelors Degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.