KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
KATERRA is seeking a Project Superintendent to join our team. The ideal candidate is a construction professional who has experience building projects in excess of $20M (must have 5 years experience as multifamily lead superintendent).The Project Superintendent is primarily responsible for leading field operations at the jobsite. They are required to provide leadership for the project team & will be ultimately responsible for all work that each Assistant Superintendent manages; including adherence to the schedule, quality, cost & safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Project Manager to ensure project success.
- Review project plans, requirements, submittals & specifications.
- Assist in creating a project schedule, sequencing, logistics & safety plan.
- Coordinate, oversee & manage the entire construction process.
- Lead subcontractor meetings.
- Manage clearing, grading, demo, site & concrete subcontractors.
- Lead, manage, & mentor Assistant Superintendents.
- Ensure material & equipment are delivered to the jobsite in a timely manner.
- Manage KATERRA Quality Assurance procedures.
- Manage project budget by holding subcontractors accountable for work performed.
- Ensure that work progresses according to schedule.
- Enforce & maintain a safe & clean jobsite.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience (5 years experience as a multifamily lead superintendent).
- Must be proactive & work with a sense of urgency.
- Establish a spirit of partnering with subcontractors but demand that they perform in a manner that will contribute to the success of the project.
- Supervises, mentors & develops direct reports.
- Demonstrates solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge using a personal computer & company communication tools, such as email, internet, Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office) & Procore project management software.
- Ability to build relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors & municipalities that lead to positive outcomes.
- Excellent leader & company team player.
- Ability to effectively coordinate, organize, plan, & manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to maintain focus while working in a high-level, fast paced environment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.