Glossier is seeking a highly motivated, driven & analytical Production/Supply Planning Manager who is energized with the challenge of managing the flow of products for a rapidly growing portfolio. This individual will lead the activities supporting the full Material Order Cycle & work closely with both our external vendor/factories & internal Supply Chain & related peer functions. The work will start from translating demand forecasts to material requirements, generate POs, track & validate on-time-in-full (OTIF) performance from our global vendor networks, optimize WIP/safety stock inventories across our network, support new product launches & ramp ups, analyze & report on KPIs for this full cycle.
6 Month Expectations:
- Proficiency in managing the full materials order cycle - able to take forecasts & translate to material demand, place & track POs, manage PO/Invoice approval & routing
- Partner with GSM & Planning to execute on various Lead-time reduction strategies while tracking & minimizing WIP inventories
- Proficient in understanding our vendor/factory base, the materials they provide, lead-times, capacities
- Understand logistics operations & transportation to effectively manage the efficient transfer & tracking of goods
- Understand any Collaborative Planning & Safety Stock agreements - able to independently lead weekly/monthly alignment meetings with vendors.
- Come up to speed with Glossiers people management processes & requirements. Will be directing/managing at least one analyst within team
- Proficiency in various Glossier working systems such as netsuite, MRP tools, Supplier platforms, basic proficiency in Looker (Data Warehouse for Glossier)
12 Month Expectations
- Partner with GSM to define & implement on a vendor scorecard that will encompass objective & subjective KPIs (e.g. OTIF, LTs, levels of WIP inventory, etc.)
- Partner with other SC Ops teams to contribute to a vendor on-board manual with written SoPs for Production related processes
- Able to lead any ad hoc analysis on inventory, capacity & replenishment strategies
- Build & nurture vendor relationships (especially with planning & production teams) to ensure orders are filled on time & to strengthen our planning & service leverage
- Build & nurture internal peer relationships (Fulfillment, transportation, finance, etc) to facilitate any cross functional initiatives
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, operations, or related field
- 3 to 5 year related experience preferably in Beauty or CPG industries
- Thorough understanding of item master, BOM structures, purchase to pay systems
- Analytical skills & familiarity with popular tools (advanced excel, Looker, MS Office & Google suite tools)
- Customer focused, bias for action, able to handle fast paced environment & multiple priorities
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.