About Dom & Tom
Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product agency focused on mobile, web, & emerging technologies. The websites & apps we produce for our clients, support their strategic initiatives through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, & platform development for both web & mobile experiences.
We are seeking a senior UX researcher who can join the team on a contractor basis. This is a medium-long term engagement with full-time potential. You will be sitting at our client's offices & working with our team under the project leadership of our client. We are an embedded group within a larger organization.
Sr. UX Researcher will work with product teams to focus on the end user, & are responsible for leading qualitative & quantitative user research initiatives that influence the evolution of the products we are designing. We are seeking a self-starter who leads in the research space, inspiring change by evangelizing research methods into the product development process.
The ideal candidate is driven as a user advocate & is passionate about gathering insights based on direct observation & evidence-based best practices.
The products we are helping to design are web applications that enable our client's customers to manage & administer their proprietary data feeds.
Researchers work closely with product managers, designers, prototypers, engineers, & sales throughout the development process.
- Plan & conduct interviews and field studies with users & subject-matter experts to develop an understanding of needs
- Evaluate early stage concepts through data-driven methods (e.g. first-click studies, card-sorting, guerilla interviews) & analytic methods (e.g. heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough) & include considerations of diversity & inclusion in their deliberations (ex: GenderMag method).
- In later stages, they plan & conduct usability analyses in our state-of-the-art usability lab, or using remote tools.
- During development, they work with our data scientists & engineers to assure that our products are instrumented in a way that allows us to evaluate their use while maintaining the privacy of our clients.
- With deployed products, they plan & conduct analyses to illuminate where the product is serving clients' needs across regions & roles & how the team should evolve its concept & implementation.
- As practice experts, they mentor UX designers in their research efforts & promote the value of UX research within our organization & to the broader UX profession.
- As life-long learners, they continuously increase their research skills & industry knowledge, via internal training & education, industry conferences, & our UX book club.
Your portfolio should include deliverables that best display your skills & methods. We are as interested in seeing materials that illustrate your process (e.g. research plan, discussion guide, analysis) as we are in seeing the quality of your reporting.
Please include a link to your portfolio (or if we reach out, provide at that stage via email.)
- Demonstrated ability to design & execute exploratory field studies, usability inspections, usage analysis, & lab studies
- 5+ years of experience in user experience research in a product setting
- Superior verbal & written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings & actionable recommendations
- Working knowledge of a recording/logging tool such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, etc.
- M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, -Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred; Ph.D. is desired
- Flexibility to travel (10%), including internationally
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistical analysis, including large scale usability studies
- Familiarity working in financial domains
- Experience evaluating platform-level functionality (such as operating system features & user interface toolkits)
- Experience working with enterprise products or software as a service
- Knowledge of eye-tracking methods