"The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Core Platform team has the mission to build & deliver the essential platform services & behind all of Reddit. As part of that org, the Developer Productivity team owns the design, development, support tools, libraries, & processes that make common developer workflows efficient & reliable.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, to take on & grow the team that allows us to develop, build, test, stage, & deploy changes to Reddits services hundreds of times per day.
- Build, hire & lead a high-calibre team of software engineers.
- Design, engineer & deliver the systems & workflows that allow Reddits engineers to deploy to production safely, quickly & reliably.
- Be responsible for setting & maintaining SLOs around deploy frequency, throughput & failure rates.
- Lead, coordinate, & execute a coherent vision for Reddits common code libraries to enable increased productivity & product capabilities.
- Coach & mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set & support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes & strong transparency.
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, CI/CD systems, library development, & API design.
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, & professional development.
- Software development experience in one or more of our general purpose programming languages; Golang, Node.js, Python, Rust
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks & keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.