When was the last time you were planning a business trip & really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort & convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction & frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We're looking for the right person to help shape some of the most important aspects of Rocketrip. You'll bridge the creative, technical, & business worlds to help define a vision & strategy to meet our company objectives & to continue making both employees & travel administrators excited about how they manage business travel.
You'll work with Rocketrippers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, & Account Management, to name a few. It's essential that you love interfacing with customers & believe that the success of the product is tied back to how awesome we make each & every user feel. Finally, you have a bias toward action & can break down complex problems into steps that drive business outcomes.
- Eat, sleep, & breathe the corporate travel industry, travel trends & user behaviors. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace. Become a subject matter expert.
- Be instrumental in helping define the product vision & strategy based on multiple inputs. You will sit at the intersection of corporate strategy, customer feedback, marketplace needs, & engineering resources.
- Work directly with the engineering / product team to drive product strategy from conceptualization through launch, creating work streams & tactics towards a strategic product roadmap.
- Manage work-streams across the value chain from growth & client success to data analytics, customer acquisition, & core external partnerships.
- Define & manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify & resolve issues that may impair the organization's ability to meet its strategic, financial, & technical goals.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn't there.
- 5+ years work experience in product management of consumer or enterprise Internet products & technologies.
- A practitioner of Agile & Lean software development methodologies & project management.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Prior experience in a senior product role at a product company, preferably one with both employee & administrator touch-points.
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision-making.
- Travel domain expertise is definitely a nice to have.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Product management or design experience with a focus on software products & technologies that are SaaS and/or B2B2Cr-driven.
- Previous experience working on product at a fast-growing startup.
- Entrepreneurial drive & demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative & fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational & analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on user feedback, research, data, & industry trends.
Founded in 2013 & headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee & employer experiences, & decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design & data to align employee & company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors & advisors, including GV, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, & Y Combinator.