At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Growth UX team at Rent the Runway is changing the way women get dressed every day. We craft a welcoming experience for prospective customers that helps them understand how renting can transform their everyday lives.
About the Job:
Were looking for a smart & curious Senior User Experience Designer with demonstrated experience managing UX projects in a collaborative environment. Youre the perfect candidate for the role if you have discerning taste in interfaces, interaction design & digital experiences. You also can perform under pressure, act with professionalism, maturity, & have the ability to seamlessly manage complex digital initiatives, all while bringing energy & creativity to work each day.
As part of the Growth team, youll play a crucial role in defining the new user experience on-site & in-app. Youll think holistically about the customer acquisition journey, & work collaboratively with Marketing, Product, & Engineering to build out & test design solutions throughout the conversion funnel. You should be able to apply blue-sky, big picture thinking to design problems, while also understanding & working within technical constraints.
What Youll Do:
- Manage UX initiatives that drive growth & new customer acquisition
- Lead discovery sessions to define business & project objectives, & explore potential solutions
- Lead & manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, & moderating users)
- Manage various UX deliverables throughout the lifecycle of a project, from brief to launch: Research, audits, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, campaign flows & functional specs
- Work closely with UI & UX Writing to develop complete design solutions
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities & how usability relates to a larger brand experience
- Interface & lead projects with product managers, designers, brand managers, & developers
- 4+ years of experience working in a consumer-focused business/product or agency environment
- Strong understanding of experience principles & customer needs such as motivations & behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging & actionable deliverables
- Strong understanding of conversion funnels, the role of organic v. paid acquisition
- Ability to create & present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals & opportunities
- Excellent verbal & written skills to be able to communicate to both technical & non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks & meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Ability to critique the quality of both UX & visual designs to improve the final product
- Experience creating immersive websites, mobile websites, mobile applications, experiential elements & paid media campaigns
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability & ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives & guiding decisions for new enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need