As an early member of our engineering team, youll have a direct impact on the success of Zero by building out our core foundations. Dealing with distributed systems, financial transactions, security, computer vision, & machine learning means your job will be as exciting as it is fulfilling.
- Working with stakeholders inside & outside of Zero to define problems & codify requirements.
- Design & implement software, in constant collaboration with the rest of Zero's engineering team.
- Build systems that perform, scale, can't be compromised, & manage themselves using DevOps.
- Being passionate about building the best financial services out there.
- Performing banking operations with reliability, speed, scalability, & security
- Determining customer eligibility & preventing fraud
- Predicting customers' future balances based on past income, expenses & spending trends
- Neverending threat analysis for attempted intrusion breaches as well as fraudsters
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent), or certification in relevant backend-related technologies
- Excellence in programming, including mastery of at least one object-oriented language & its ecosystem & of object-oriented principles & patterns (there's Python & Java here, & there may be more), as well as comfort with other paradigms
- Solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP & REST
- Fluent in extreme programming practices & agile development, ruthless in testing, & eager to deliver as early & often as possible
- Experience building distributed systems & working in a microservice-oriented infrastructure
- Enthusiastic collaborator & clear & precise communicator in speech & writing inside & outside of Engineering
- A track record of successful, substantial projects
- Technical experience related to credit cards, banking or other areas of FinTech.
- Expertise in information security
- Facility with front-end web development
- Experience with AWS, GCE, Docker, Kubernetes, & DevOps (automation-centric systems administration)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ZERO:
- Zero is a financial services company that provides an elegant, mobile-first, modern banking experience. We combine the simplicity of a debit card with the rewards & benefits of a credit card.
- We're looking for someone who shares our love of craftsmanship & our passion for improving banking for everyone.
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Well provide whatever equipment you need to succeed
- Lunch & breakfast expenses paid
- Standing desks for everyone
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, & breakfast sandwiches