We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Tech Ops Manager to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Tech Ops Manager, you are responsible for building & maintaining resilient systems infrastructure in a cloud-only environment, administering SaaS & Client platform technologies. You have expertise in Linux administration, SaaS administration including GSuite, O365, SSO, AD, etc, as well as Client Platforms including Mac, Windows. You have experience building monitoring & reporting capabilities in global environments & are passionate about streamlining & automating tasks throughout lifecycle.
What youll do:
- Partner with IT, Security, & Engineering teams to develop, deploy, & maintain secure system infrastructure, SaaS ecosystem & Client Platforms aligned to internal standards & current best practices.
- Drive a culture of change management that prioritizes planning, documentation, testing & communications to eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Enable observability, configuration, & patch management across all IT infrastructure.
- Maintain accurate & up-to-date runbooks for systems infrastructure, SaaS ecosystems & ensure structured patch management framework for client platforms.
- Coordinate regular knowledge sharing sessions with global IT teams to ensure consistency in support & administration of enterprise systems.
- Define & document governance strategies, procedures, network & data flow diagrams.
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation.
What youll need:
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
- 5-8+ years of system engineering experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 5+ years of experience & expert level knowledge in maintaining Linux systems & open-source services.
- 3+ years of experience with administration of collaboration & communication technologies such as GSuite, O365, Slacks etc
- 3+ years of experience administering SSO, AD as well as Client Platforms such as Mac, Windows etc
- Strong working knowledge of cloud & traditional network concepts & services, such as, OSI layers, TCP/IP, static & dynamic routing, packet filtering & analysis.
- Strong experience with AWS IAM, secrets management, & PKI.
- Experience with Kubernetes & migrating traditional servers to containers is a plus!
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, & collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with a diverse, & globally distributed team.
Culture & Values
Where youll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, & Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we dont let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons & move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. Youre empowered to do whats best for everyone & trusted to make the right decisions when & where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs & improve the worlds experience in global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.